Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Library

I love the library. The quietness, the smell of millions of books, the uncomfortable seats, the weird people. It's just about the best escape I've found here in Knoxville. I go every Tuesday night with our TGA kids, and I've really started to look forward to it.

It's not often that I'm by myself. I'm usually surrounded by wonderful people who are truly blessings in my life, but I've learned that I really love, I really need time by myself. Granted, nothing really important happens when I'm there. I usually start out by getting a cup of tea and find my way through a sea of people up to the fifth floor. I try to find a carrel in a corner that's surrounded by windows where I can see an awesome view of UT's campus. From where I sit, I can see dozens of cherry and dogwood trees that are blooming, I see a tiny bit of Lake Louden, and I can watch thousands of people--each on their own personal missions to do something that I'm sure is very important. I can sometimes get lost in just watching.

I am completely free to do whatever I chose in my own little library corner. I think I mostly enjoy daydreaming. I can sit for hours and think about the awesome things I've experienced, what craziness lies in my future, and sometimes I just dream about random things that have absolutely nothing to do with anything. It's all very boring really, but I love it.
Sometimes I use the opportunity to read, which I've been addicted to lately. I don't know why, but I absolutely love getting lost in a book. I think I'm going through school withdrawal, or it may be my dorky qualities shining through, who knows.

Sometimes, like today, I spend quality time with my computer. I do the email thing, the facebook thing, and I guess when the mood strikes me, I write about randomness here. Really, this randomness is for my dearest friend. I'm more than sure that you're the only one who reads this Nessa, but I can't help but write it. Isn't our friendship just the most crazy, amazing thing ever? I mean we can go weeks and weeks without talking on the phone, or months and months without seeing each other, but I can see a picture of you in a rubbermaid box or write you a little note about how I'm all alone in a library corner and I somehow feel like I've just seen you. You are a constant part of my life, and you will be till I die. I can't tell you how much I love you. You should totally bring your rubbermaid to my library corner, and we'll hang.

1 comment:

djpb said...

this made me cry.
i love you so much and i do think it's amazing how we both can be feeling lonely or down and just think of each other or talk to each other and things are made better.
you fix everything wrong in my life just by being able to talk to you or read about you on your blog. that's why i was so persistent in you starting one so i could not only catch up on the big things that happen in your life but the little things that make you you- the way you think, the things you think about, how you express yourself, the language you use. being able to read your blog while we're away from each other lets me be in the same place as you even for just for a couple minutes.
i love you chica.