Saturday, March 29, 2008

I Fell in Love Today

I never really learned a lot in my physics labs. Most of my time was spent struggling to understand what crazy formulas named after weird people had to do with a pile of wires and electricity and how on earth I was going to do a lab write-up when I was completely and utterly confused. When I attended my last physics lab in college I danced a jig and sang a song of praise. I was so excited that I would never have to think about physics ever, ever again.

Today I had to go to physics lab. Today I fell in love with my husband all over again.

Sure I'm a silly, sappy girl, but it happens to me every now and then. I have a tendency to get wrapped up in day to day ho hum things and forget just how special my life has become. I get so involved in trivial things that I lose track of myself, and BAM!! I'll look over and realize that I truly have the most amazing man in my life. It hits me like a truck and causes me to lose my breath. How could I focus on anything besides how blessed I really am. It's so strange how God could have created a man who completes me in so many ways. It really shouldn't surprise me. Since I met God I've known that He's had so many things in store for me-- things that I could never ever hope to imagine on my own. Sam is like my own little glimpse of heaven, right here in Knoxville.

As I watched him today with a group of crazy teenagers confused about formulas, wires, and electricity, I was amazed. I'm sure he wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary, but it was fascinating just to watch him. He was so confident in his knowledge and so graceful in the way he explained things. If I could watch him teach all day, I would. I was so proud of the way he interacted with the kids in his class. I am really blessed to say I'm married to a man who truly wants the best for those around him, and he works so hard to make sure they reach their goals. I didn't learn a thing about electricity, but I did realize that Sam is the same with me. He is completely understanding, graceful, and loving, and he works so hard to make sure I've accomplished my dreams. In the hustle and bustle of things in our life, I sometimes take that for granted. Who knew that I'd learn it all again in physics lab? I was reminded of how blessed I am today, and I fell in love with my Sam all over again. ( I love it when that happens!) I can't wait to be able to sit back and watch him with our own kids. He will be such an amazing father.

2 comments:

djpb said...

He has to be completely understanding, graceful and loving to be able to deal with your sense of gracefulness. (or in your case, the lack thereof).

i looooove you. ;)

Hope McClure said...

ouch...I pour out my soul and that's what i get

I loooooove you too ;)