Monday, February 2, 2009

Sundays

I love Sundays.
They always come with the amazing feeling of new beginnings, no mistakes, family, and God.
Yesterday was one of those Sundays.
We started out sleeping in till about nine. Always a good way to start the day. Then we did the same ol same ol...ironed clothes, took showers, got dressed. I don't mind doing those things on Sundays. Mondays through Fridays though....that's another story. We met Sam's parents and drove up to church together. I think being at church and worshipping God means even more when you can do it with the people you love.
Anyways, church was awesome. We talked about how God has given us many gifts that we sometimes don't even recognize. One of those gifts is being able to be full of joy, no matter what. Even though things are thrown at us everyday, and we seem to be struggling, God has told us that we can give all that up to Him. No matter what it is, He'll take care of it. No worries. No cares. Just Joy.
Now I've known about this gift, but sometimes I ignore it. Sometimes I make myself belive that if I worry about it and work on it and focus all my energy on it, I can fix it. I stress myself out to the max stuggling on something that I could've just offered up to God. Geez I make things difficult on myself. I need to work more on taking full advantage of this awesome blessing. If you hear me talking about being worried about something, smack me and remind me of how awesome God is!
After church we went to Thomas' (Sam's stepdad) parents house. We call them our new grandparents. They are wonderful. We ate lunch and hung out with the new fam, and we had a great time. After we left, we drove on home and let the doggies out to run. Yesterday was a beautiful day. Right smack dab in the middle of winter we had a spring day. It was just what we needed from being cooped up with freezing weather for the last couple of months.
We hung out with the dogs and watched a movie together...worry free ;), and then we got ready to go watch the bowl. We stopped off and got our goofy 3D glasses, and headed out to watch the SuperBowl with our family and a couple from church. It was a lot of fun.
I'm getting old though. I was so tired by the end of the game that we drove home and I went straight to bed...after thanking my God for Sunday.

1 comment:

djpb said...

that's a sweet, innocent post. it made my heart feel good just reading it.